Opening hours templatesManaging opening hours templates for organization units
The opening hours template chapter gives you an overview of currently available opening hours template(s), the possibility to edit them, as well as the ability to create new ones.
In order to be able to access this chapter, you need the OpeningHoursTemplates permission. Permissions are managed from the Roles and rights chapter namely, from the functionalities card of a users role.
A template in this essence is quite handy when you have multiple organization units operating with the same opening hours. So, instead of setting up opening hours for each store individually via the individual OU opening hours tab, you can create an Opening hours template and tag that to multiple OUs at once.
It can get quite busy here, make use of the filters where you can filter by description, type or organization unit sets.
To add new templates, click the '+' in the top-right corner. To edit an existing one, simply click the one you wish to edit. Whether it's creating a new template from scratch or editing an existing one, the required/displayed fields remain the same.
- General info: A description and a type (type is a mandatory field).
- Organizations: Select the desired organizations in which the specified opening times would be applicable for. The drop-down list are based on your existing organization strucutre and existing OUs.
- Week based opening times: In this field, hour inputs follow a 24-hour clock notation. Use the respective rows/days to specify the corresponding opening and closing time (from and to). If you operate with intervals or shifts where your OU closes and opens within the same day (for example: if your OU closes from 12:00 to 14:00 for lunch), then make use of the plus icon on the right side of each row/day. If your OU is completely closed on a specific day then make sure to uncheck the corrsponding box to indicate that it's closed on that day.
In order to activate your templates, the single setting
OpeningHours:EnableOpeningHoursTemplates needs to be set to true.
Editing an existing template is as simple as clicking one from the main overview.
The Description and Type fields are no longer editable once a template is created and saved.
Deleting is as simple as pressing the Delete button, and confirming that you really want to do that.
Exceptions to opening hours template (OU level)
Exceptions to templates can only be done on OU level via the opening hours tab by clicking the 'pen' icon at the top right for Regular opening hours, the exceptions you make will be displayed by means of an 'exclamation mark' icon before the day in the table.
You can also view an OUs attached opening hours template by using the View Template button for a comparison. you would also have the option to revert to template opening hours by using the Restore template button. Special opening hours can also be set up on OU level.
One of the mandatory fields when creating Opening hour templates is type. This chapter is dedicated to create, edit, and delete Opening hours types.
By default, there are three types of opening hours:
- Visiting - the normal opening hours of a store.
- Pickup - the opening hours during which pickup is possible, on top of the visiting hours. Pickup is always possible during visiting hours.
- Operational - the opening hours during which employees are present in the store. This will influence the generation of cycle counts etc.
Further you can add new ones by simply using the '+' icon on the to right. Give it a Name (mandatory field), BackendID (optional), a description (optional), and you're good to go. The types you have here will now appear in the drop-down list when creating new opening hours templates.
In order to be able to access this chapter, you need the OpeningHoursTypes permission. Permissions are managed from the Roles and rights chapter namely, from the functionalities card of a users role.